Friday, March 2, 2007

Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Through the Code Newbie forum (I'm forum member Rasheed), I got a reference to Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs by MIT Press. They use Scheme, just like that other great on-line book, How to Design Programs (also see Why this blog?, and the tag How to Design Programs on this blog).

There is also a series of hour long lectures on Google video. I have here a list of videos I have found (lectures 9a, 9b, and 10a were missing when I did a search on Google Video):

I also found the original videos, which you can download from this page. That is perhaps the best way to retrieve the videos. You can either download or torrent a DIVX .avi or a MPEG video file from each of the 20 lectures (ten times a and b lessons). This was a good reason for me to start using the Azureus bit-torrent client, because I want these lessons burnt on DVD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You info on scheme programs is really good! thank you. I am new bie ti thius scheme program can you please hale me how to write a program for this " A food chain wants to set up a system to achieve a Faster, Fresher and Flexible Food Service Operation. The admin can add the item and its quantity available on its daily basis. Customer can search for an item in the list. He can buy the item through the system and the payment is made offline. The admin should be able to view all items. Customer can access the system through admin only."